Print this page


Making a complaint about mental health services

If you have a complaint about the provision of care by mental health services, the first step is to contact the hospital or health service where you were treated.

Instructions for lodging a complaint and links to consumer liaison officers at hospital and health services can be found on the WA Department of Health, Complaint Management resource page.

Health and Disability Services Complaints Office

The Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO) is an independent statutory authority that reviews and reports on the causes of complaints.  HaDSCO will assist in the resolution of complaints when a consumer is not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation undertaken by the mental health service(s).

HaDSCO provides a free service and information about making a complaint can be found on the HaDSCO website

HaDSCO Mental Health Information Sheet

HaDSCO Aboriginal Information Sheet


All contents copyright Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.

Web Design by Media on Mars

Please subscribe to automatically receive an email when an update is posted on the Chief Psychiatrist's website.