The Chief Psychiatrist has taken the following actions in the best interests of the Western Australian community in keeping with recommended procedures to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- The Clinical Helpdesk remains open and accessible to all clinicians during business hours Monday to Friday.
Chief Psychiatrist’s Clinical and Statutory Monitoring
- All Chief Psychiatrist’s face-to-face clinical monitoring and reviews will be temporarily suspended.
- The Chief Psychiatrist will continue to monitor the standards of mental health services and will work with services to identify effective interim alternate monitoring processes.
- Statutory mandatory reporting processes under the Mental Health Act 2014 remain in place.
Chief Psychiatrist’s Training
- Face-to-face training events provided by the Office of the Chief Psychiatrist have been temporarily suspended.
- Alternate modes of delivering training are being investigated.
- Clinicians enrolled in training will be notified when it has been rescheduled to an alternative date and time.
- Please contact the office for further information if necessary.
If you require any further information about the above initiatives please contact the OCP on (08) 6553 0000.
For further information, please consult the WA Department of Health website, or call the COVID-19 Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.